Southwestern Pepper Cups
May 26, 2023 / 5 mins read
- 5 green bell pepper (medium, halved and seeded, or use red or yellow peppers)
- 1/3 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 1/2 garlic clove (chopped)
- 3 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 can tomatoes with chiles (10 1/2 ounce, diced and undrained)
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn (8 1/2 ounce, drained)
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1/3 cup cheese, cheddar, shredded
- Wash hands.
- Blanch peppers in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in medium skillet over medium high heat for 3 minutes.
- Combine rice, tomatoes with chiles, corn and onion mixture. Mix well.
- Spoon into pepper halves, place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake again at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until hot and cheese melts.
Recipe & Photo by Arizona Nutition Network. Please visit MyPlate for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org