Everything Bagel Rice Bowl
On those days you don't want to spend much time in the kitchen, make this earthy, vibrant, Everything Bagel Rice Bowl. It's no fuss, no muss, and so ridiculously yummy you'll go in for seconds.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Resting Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup long grain rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 5 Tbsp salted butter, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 yellow onion, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz fresh spinach (sub 8 oz fresh spinach with 6 oz frozen spinach)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Everything Bagel seasoning plus more for garnish
- Put the water in a pot large enough to hold the rice (it doubles in size as it cooks). Cover it and bring to a boil. When the water's boiling, add the rinsed rice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir to incorporate.
- Bring the water to a simmer with the pot uncovered. When steam vents begin to form on the surface, about 3 minutes, reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Rest it off the heat for 10 minutes. Then, remove the lid.
- While the rice cooks, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a pan set over medium heat. When the dairy solids turn golden brown, add the diced onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Sauté until it has wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Smooth the surface of the spinach and make two indentations with a large spoon. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and then add them to the indentations. Cook, uncovered, until the egg whites become opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Fluff up the rice. Dice the last tablespoon of butter. Add it to the rice along with the everything bagel seasoning and mix it in.
- Plate the rice in 2 bowls. Top each bowl of rice with spinach and an egg. Garnish with an additional sprinkle of everything bagel seasoning.
Recipe & Photo by BudgetByte$ Please visit Everything Bagel Rice Bowl for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org