September 2, 2022 / 5 mins read
This "Foodie Friday" we're sharing a recipe from Manna Foodbank's Produce Recipes and Ideas A-Z
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups soft bread cubes (about 6 slices of bread or about half a loaf of Italian bread)
- 1/2 cup raisins, if desired
- Whipping (heavy) cream, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt
- Stir in bread cubes and raisins
- Stir in the milk mixture
- Pour into an ungreased deep round pan
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until the knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipping cream.