Zucchini and Tomatoes
August 4, 2023 / 5 mins read
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 pound zucchini (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (peeled and diced, or a 16-ounce can of diced tomatoes, drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add zucchini, tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat, and cook until vegetables are tender about 20 minutes.
Recipe by the University of Wyoming Cooperative Extension. Please visit MyPlate for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org