Zesty Skillet Zucchini
August 18, 2023 / 5 mins read
- 1/2 cup tomato juice, low-sodium (low sodium V8)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion (medium)
- 1 tomato (medium)
- 1 cup mushroom (canned)
- 2 zucchini (medium)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- Peel the onion. Chop it into small pieces.
- Chop the tomato.
- Drain the water from the can of mushrooms.
- Cut each zucchini into thin slices.
- Put the tomato juice and pepper in a skillet or pan. Cook on high heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the onion, tomato, and mushrooms.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini. Cover and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Recipe & Photo by Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network. Please visit MyPlate for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org