Summer Squash Stir Fry
July 7, 2023 / 5 mins read
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups summer squash (washed and sliced)
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- seasonings, to taste, optional (Suggested seasonings: garlic powder, pepper, cumin, thyme, basil, or oregano.)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a skillet (the larger the better), heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and stir fry until onion is clear and begins to brown.
- Add carrots and stir until carrots are tender and crisp. Add squash and cook for about 2 minutes. Lower heat.
- Add seasonings of choice. Cook for 2 more minutes. Serve as a side dish.
Recipe & Photo by Connecticut Food Policy Council. Please visit MyPlate for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org