Summer Squash, Italian Style
June 9, 2023 / 5 mins read
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 summer squash (medium, thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sweet basil, fresh
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese (grated)
Using a large, ovenproof frying pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of oil to medium high.
Arrange squash in pan, add water and season lightly with salt, pepper and basil.
Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until tender crisp.
Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with remaining oil. Place under a preheated broiler and broil until cheese melts and browns slightly.Tip: Add cut up fresh tomatoes, green peppers, green beans, eggplant, onions, or other vegetables in season.
Recipe & Photo by Connecticut Food Policy Council. Please visit MyPlate for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org