Summer Italian Vegetables
June 23, 2023 / 5 mins read
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 squash, diced (yellow or zucchini)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces, low sodium)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine onion, squash, tomato and green pepper in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with oregano.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake, uncovered at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake another 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Recipe & Photo by Colorado State University. Please visit MyPlate for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org