This "Foodie Friday" this hearty stew of turkey, potatoes, and vegetables will warm up a cold winter night. You can replace the cooked turkey with cooked chicken.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder)
- 4 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 can tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups turkey (cooked, chopped)
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Italian seasoning or oregano, basil, or thyme (to taste, optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, and water to the pan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add turkey and cook another five minutes or until heated.
- Season to taste before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
For nutrition information, please visit Turkey Stew at MyPlate.gov
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org