Sweet Potato and Apple Bake
This "Foodie Friday" enjoy the taste of fall with the combination of sweet potatoes and apples in this delicious side dish. Serve with roasted chicken or turkey, and a large green salad.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, drained (2 - 15 ounce cans; save 2 Tablespoons of the liquid)
- 2 cups apples (peeled, cored, and cut into bite-sized pieces )
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar (2 Tablespoons, packed)
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, or any other type)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (unsalted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put sweet potatoes in a baking dish.
- Add apples.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of the sweet potato liquid over the mixture.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, flour, and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato/apple mix.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top, is golden brown and bubbly.
For nutrition information, please visit Sweet Potato and Apple Bake at MyPlate.gov
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to email@example.com