Raise Your Hand for Healthy School Meals for All, Wednesday, August 18
Join us in urging Congress to make Healthy School Meals for All students at no charge permanent.
Raise Your Hand on Wednesday, August 18 to show your support:
- Take a picture of you (and/or children, parents, caregivers, members of your community) raising your hand.
- Share on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Sample post: I'm raising my hand to let Congress know we need free healthy school meals for all to continue beyond this school year. https://p2a.co/Grkmrl6
- Tag your Members of Congress
- Use the hashtag #SchoolMeals4All
- Invite others to participate
Since March 2020, waivers issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture have allowed schools to provide meals at no charge to all students, no matter their household income. Without these waivers, the alarming spikes in childhood hunger caused by the fallout of COVID-19 would be even worse. Yet the waivers are set to end after this school year.
School meals are just as important as textbooks and transportation. Providing healthy school meals for all at no charge long after this school year will ensure every child has the nutrition they need for their health and learning.