Rainbow Veggie Pinwheels
Starting this month, Fridays are now "Foodie Friday" on our blog - a day where we will share some of our favorite recipes. To kick things off, we're sharing a colorful, flavorful, and kid-friendly recipe from Dr. Yum!
Rainbow Veggie Pinwheels are easy wraps that you can customize with your favorite hummus and various colorful vegetables.
- 8 Whole Wheat Tortilla Wraps
- 1 Cup Hummus
- 1 Cup Thinly Cut Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1 Cup Thinly Cut Yellow Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Thinly Cut Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Shredded Purple Cabbage
- Spread about two tablespoons of hummus on each tortilla, leaving a one-inch border on all sides.
- Line up a thin layer of sliced vegetables across the hummus.
- Roll up the tortilla tightly.
- Cut the roll crosswise into four or five pinwheels and serve.
These can easily be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, ready for a party, snack, or packed lunch!
For this recipe and more - check out the Dr. Yum Project