Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Makes 8 servings
Total Time: 2 Hours & 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 cup milk, low-fat or fat-free, plain
- 1 cup dry oats, quick
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed and divided
Optional variation: add 2 tbsp cocoa powder and substitute 4 cups sliced bananas (divided) for the mixed berries
- Warm peanut butter, vanilla, and honey in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Alternatively, heat the peanut butter, vanilla and honey in a microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between until smooth.
- Once the mixture is warm and smooth, add the milk and stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and warm peanut butter mixture. Stir well.
- Add 2 cups of thawed berries and toss well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Serve 1/2 cup cold oats with 1/4 cup mixed berries on the side.
For nutrition information, please visit Peanut Butter Overnight Oats at National CACFP Association Sponsors
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org