One-Dish Roasted Potatoes and Apples with Chicken Sausage
This "Foodie Friday" we're sharing a scrumptious and easy one-dish baked meal that's perfect for chilly fall and winter evenings.
Makes 4 servings
- 3 red potatoes or your favorite potato variety (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 red apples (Fuji, Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, Gala, etc.)
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 chicken herb link sausages (12 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Cut potatoes into chunks, and place in a 2-quart baking dish.
- Drizzle with canola oil. Toss to coat.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, cut apples and onions into chunks and sausage into 1/2-inch slices.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and reduce the heat to 375 °F. Add all remaining ingredients to the baking dish and toss.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and roast for an additional 30 minutes until the apples and potatoes are tender.
For nutrition information, please visit One-Dish Roasted Potatoes and Apples with Chicken Sausage at MyPlate.gov
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org