October 7, 2022 / 5 mins read
This "Foodie Friday" we're sharing a recipe from Hunger + Health
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (15 oz) cans of low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can of low-sodium corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can of low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times so they do not burn.
- Add chili powder. Stir to coat onions and carrots. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, water, and salt. Stir to mix chili.
- Bring chili to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Serves: 6 Servings
Time: 30 minutes
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org