Light and Fluffy Pancakes
April 7, 2023 / 5 mins read
Servings: 4-6 (2 pancakes)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Whisk milk and lemon juice in a medium bowl and set aside to let thicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk dry ingredients together - flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk the egg and melted butter into the milk mixture.
- Create a little "well" in the center of the dry ingredient bowl and pour the milky mixture in the center.
- Whisk gently until just combined; there should still be lumps.
- Heat a pan or griddle to medium heat and coat with butter or vegetable oil.
- Pour pancake mixture by 1/4 cups and heat until large bubbles come to the top (about 1-2 minutes).
- Flip the pancake and wait another 1-2 minutes.
Recipe by Kansas SNAP-Ed Please visit Light & Fluffy Pancakes for nutrition information.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to email@example.com