Day of action - December 14th
Join the Day of Action on Dec. 14 to urge the Senate to quickly pass the historic Build Back Better Act (BBBA) with the child nutrition and anti-poverty provisions intact. The House of Representatives passed the $1.75 trillion bill late last month.
The BBBA’s critical child nutrition provisions would:
- expand the number of schools that would be able to offer free meals to all students through the Community Eligibility Provision, an expansion that would allow nearly 9 million more low-income students to access healthy meals in school
- give states the option to implement the Community Eligibility Provision statewide;
- provide $30 million for school kitchen equipment;
- provide $250 million for a Healthy School Meal Incentives demonstration project;
- extend the Summer Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) program nationwide for 29 million students who receive free or reduced-price school meals; and
allow states, as well as Indian Tribal Organizations, that participate in the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) to provide Summer EBT.
- The bill also would make the child tax credit, set to expire by the end of the year, permanent.
Action Steps to Take Now:
Call and email your Senators. Make clear the impact BBBA provisions will have in your state. Share stories to drive home those impacts.
Get Vocal on Social. Tag @FRACtweets and your Members of Congress. Find their Twitter handles here.
Anti-Hunger Community Day of Action on Tuesday, December 14 — Join FRAC to #SealTheDeal on #BuildBackBetter. Flood the Senate phone lines with this call-in (202-224-3121) day by letting Senators know what’s at stake.