Makes 16 servings
Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 (12 oz) package fresh cranberries
- 4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 2 cinnamon sticks or 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- Place all ingredients in the medium saucepan, including the orange zest.
- Cook ingredients over medium heat - if it starts to boil, lower the heat. Stir frequently until cranberries are soft and have broken down.
- Serve fresh off the stovetop, or it can also be served chilled or cooled to room temperature. Optionally, you can also place the applesauce in a blender and purée it to your desired consistency.
For nutrition information, please visit Cranberry Applesauce at National CACFP Association Sponsors
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org