Calabacitas (Sauteed Zucchini)
This #FoodieFriday, in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, we're sharing this recipe for Calabacitas (Sauteed Zucchini) from the Illinois Extension.
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn (or canned, drained)
- 2 Cups Diced Green Chilies (roasted and peeled, fresh or frozen)
- 4 Medium Zucchini, Sliced
- 1 Cup Chopped Onion
- 2 Small Cloves Garlic, minced (or 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large frying or medium saucepan. Cook on medium until tender
Note: This recipe can also be prepared in the microwave. Combine all ingredients and cover. Microwave on high for 5 to 7 minutes. Let stand covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Have a recipe you'd like to share with us? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org