Beans and Rice Stuffed Peppers
This "Foodie Friday" we're sharing a recipe from the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked brown or white rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds.
- Place peppers cut-side up in a baking dish.
- Add rice, beans, tomatoes, onion, and seasoning to a bowl. Stir to mix.
- Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese on each pepper half.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serves: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org