September 9, 2022 / 5 mins read
This "Foodie Friday" we're sharing a recipe from Capital Area Food Bank
- 2 (15 oz) cans no salt added beans, any kind
- 1 (15 oz) low sodium can corn
- 1 (15 oz) can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- Drain beans, corn, and tomatoes. Rinse black beans and corn.
- In a large bowl, mash the beans with a fork or potato masher. Mix beans with tomatoes, cheese, corn, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Place ½ cup bean mixture on half of a tortilla. Fold tortilla to make a half-moon shape and pat down filling so it is evenly distributed. Repeat until all filling is used up.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Use ½ Tablespoon of oil per 2 quesadillas that you cook. In batches of 2, cook quesadillas until golden brown and flip to cook other side.