Baked Chicken Nuggets
February 17, 2023 / 5 mins read
Make chicken nuggets at home using cereal crumbs, spices, and herbs. You can cook them in the microwave or the oven.
Makes 4 servings
Total Time: 29 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup ready-to-eat cereal, cornflakes, crumb
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Remove skin and bone; cut thighs into bite-sized pieces.
- Place cornflakes in plastic bag and crush by using a rolling pin.
- Add remaining ingredients to crushed cornflakes. Close bag tightly and shake until blended.
- Add a few chicken pieces at a time to crumb mixture. Shake to coat evenly
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Lightly grease a cooking sheet.
- Place chicken pieces on cooking sheet, so they are not touching.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Lightly grease an 8- by 12-inch baking dish.
- Place chicken pieces on baking dish, so they are not touching. Cover with waxed paper and cook on high.
- Rotate chicken every 2 to 3 minutes. Cook until tender, about 6 to 8 minutes.
To remove bone from chicken thigh:
- Place chicken on cutting board. Remove skin from thighs.
- Turn chicken thighs over.
- Cut around bone and remove it.
For nutrition information, please visit Baked Chicken Nuggets from USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion.
Have a recipe you'd like to share? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org