Apple an Pineapple Chill
This #FoodieFriday, we're sharing this recipe for Apple and Pineapple Chill from the Illinois Extension.
Total Time: 190 Minutes
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 can (20-ounce) crushed pineapple in its own juice
- 1 small apple, grated
- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Non-fat whipped topping
- Combine crushed pineapple and unflavored gelatin in a saucepan. Allow gelatin to soften 5 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve gelatin. Remove from heat. Stir in cold water.
- Fold in grated apple. Chill until firm.
- Top with 2 tablespoons non-fat whipped topping to serve.
Note: Gel will turn the color of the apple peel unless folded after the mixture begins to set, or peel the apple before grating.
Have a recipe you'd like to share with us? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org