Almond Cranberry Muffins
This #FoodieFriday, we're sharing this diabetic-friendly recipe for Almond Cranberry Muffins from the Illinois Extension.
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cup Splenda
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 16 Ounces Reduced-Fat Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Skim Milk
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pans, or use paper liners.
- Mix flour, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl mix sour cream, milk, oil, extract, and eggs until blended.
- Stir sour cream mixture into flour mixture until just moistened. Stir in cranberries and almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the tops are slightly browned.
Have a recipe you'd like to share with us? Send it to email@example.com