To apply for the position listed below, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Major Gifts Officer
Salary Starting from $51,000
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for generating opportunities for strategic matches between a donor’s philanthropic passions and securing critical funding for the Fredericksburg
Regional Food Bank’s (FRFB) most pressing needs. The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding gifts of $5,000 and above from
individuals and corporations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the CEO and Director of Strategic Initiatives, assist in designing and implementing an annual fundraising plan for strategic gifts.
- Contribute to meeting or exceeding FRFB’s annual revenue goals by managing an increasingly productive portfolio of individual and corporate major donors with ongoing success.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit individuals and corporations believed to have philanthropic interests that match strategic Food Bank initiatives and needs.
- Create, execute, and track the moves management strategy for all major donors in the assigned donor portfolio.
- Develop communication materials that introduce potential and active donors of strategic gifts to the Food Bank’s current strategic priorities and how those priorities can be
- Provide personal acknowledgment for major donor gifts and ensure timely and appropriate thank you letters, calls, and outreach, engaging the Director of Strategic Initiatives and/or the
CEO in recognition, as appropriate.
- Involve the CEO and board leadership in dialogue with appropriate potential and active major donors to expand donor and organizational connectivity.
- Regularly analyze and report results against established goals and metrics; modify donor engagement strategies as necessary and appropriate to meet revenue goals.
- Collaborate with other team members on special donor events including, but not limited to, major donor events, special marketing events, planned giving events and other donor-specific
- Maintain positive, active relationships with staff and donors to ensure ongoing support of the FRFB and the people we serve.
- Participate in external speaking engagements to create brand awareness and build the FRFB brand within the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in fund development for a nonprofit organization.
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Full computer proficiency with standard Google Suite applications including Sheets and Docs.
- Proficiency with fundraising and communications software
- Honesty, integrity, and commitment to fighting hunger in the Central Rappahannock River Region
- Ability to relate effectively with other staff, volunteers, community partners, and the general public.
- Must have a clear understanding of and ability to articulate the mission of the FRFB.
- Ability to complete work in an accurate, useful, and timely manner.
- Valid VA Driver’s License
- CFRE Certification
- Experience with Bloomerang or other CRM systems